Thank you for supporting Blue Hill Bach! During this, our 10th year, we are responding to public health concerns associated with the Covid-19 pandemic by moving our summer festival events online – a “virtual festival.” Starting in mid-July, we’ll be making available on our 2020 Events page, via Facebook, and on YouTube an array of events:
- Videos of our 2019 Baroque Café performances of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, with narration by Noel Paul Stookey and Brooklin photographer Dick Leighton’s images of the seasons in Downeast Maine.
- A preview of The Beggar’s Opera (which we’ll present in a full production in 2021) in a video featuring some of our favorite singers and followed by a panel discussion with director Grant Herreid and other early opera and theater specialists.
- An online “Bach’s Lunch” with festival music director John Finney—one of our most popular outreach programs—with musical examples performed by members of the Blue Hill Bach chorus and orchestra in a virtual ensemble.
- A master class for young string players with violinists Jude Ziliak and Anatole Wieck.
- A number of performances and presentations by our musicians and scholars in the fields of early music and art history.
Although we won’t have our customary program book, we will feature our sponsors prominently in the credits for each online event and on our website. We’ll be posting notices about the virtual festival on Facebook, and sending e-mails to more than 1,000 of our fans. Other organizations presenting online events this year report that they are reaching much larger audiences than ever before—so your business’s sponsorship credit may be seen by thousands of potential customers!
Please let us know you’d like to sponsor Blue Hill Bach this year by replying to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then simply either send a check to
Blue Hill Bach
PO Box 428
Blue Hill, ME 04614
or make your sponsorship payment via Paypal using this Donate button: